Thursday, February 25, 2010

Junk Drawer

It's Thursday and we are all on the mend here finally. Boy this virus we caught has been awful. Now that I'm feeling a bit better it makes me want to clean, clean, clean!!! Get all the ick out of the house. One of those ick spots has been our junk drawer for a while. A few weeks back I picked up this little shelf at the thrift store for $2.


It had some little dated country craft wood piece in the front. Sorry I didn't take a picture of it before I removed it. I originally bought it to possibly paint it and put it on the wall. Then one night I saw the JUNK DRAWER..... I thought it would work perfectly in there. Those junk drawer spacers in stores can add up quickly. So here it is getting ready to be filled and organized. Look at all the junk on the table. That drawer was filled with all kinds of crud.


Here it is put back in it's spot. The sun was shining in so I had a hard time getting a good shot. You get the idea though. I love that I found this little shelf. It works perfectly. Now I just need to make a small spot for some pencils for our boys. They like to do homework on the kitchen table and they like to keep their pencils in the drawer. They are one of the reasons the drawer got so messy in the first place. Sounds about right for two 7yr olds and 5yr old, doesn't it?

3 comments:

  1. I like this Missy! I have a junk drawer that could use some serious organizing... and this looks like something that could work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Job that clutter and junk is hard to takcle and then whip in sharp, Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd say your junk drawer isn't junky anymore. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete