Friday, February 12, 2010

Pottery Barn inspired chandelier shades



I saw these online at PB ($29 for 3 shades) last week and really liked the look of them. All around the blog world everyone seems to be doing things with jute. Well I happened to come across a big roll of it at the thrift store the other day for $1.50. Good thing I grabbed it! So my thought was, "Hey, I already have some plain linen chandelier shades why not jazz them up with the jute?" So I did.


I didn't braid like PB. Just ran the jute around with my glue gun. They came out pretty nice I think. The only thing I'm bummed about is that the room I have them in is pretty dark, so when the light is on you can't really tell the jute is one there. Here is my finished result.



Linked up to:
Just Something I Whipped Up Monday

1 comment: