Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Working on our Laundry Room.

It has quickly become a disaster! I just wanted to show you a little something I have been working on for our Laundry/Mud room. This cute little bench. It was quite an eye sore when I picked it up at the thrift store. I got it for $10 and knew I could use it somewhere and bring it back to life. Notice the floor in the photos. ISH! We are redoing them if you couldn't tell from the before and after photos of the bench.

I used Behr Forever Black Ultra Satin and foam rollers to paint this bad boy. I distressed the edges a little with some 80 grit sandpaper. Hope you like! I plan on making a new seat cushion and charming pillow for it once I learn how to sew. I can't wait!

Stay tuned for more laundry room improvements.

2 comments:

  1. What a cute bench. I'm so excited that you want to learn to sew. I taught myself so you know it can't be too hard. It will be a skill you'll enjoy for the rest of your life! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the comment. I am so very excited to learn. I think it will be something I will enjoy forever. Unfortunately we got bad weather here in MN the night I was supposed to take the class. So I have to wait until march 24th. I did get a machine and I figured out how to set it up. It wasn't as bad as I thought. Thanks again Tidy Wren, I love your blog. It's very inspiring. My next project is to use that gel stain you posted about.

    ReplyDelete