Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Small Budget Master Bedroom Redo

It has taken me 3 years to finally redo this room. We bought ourselves a flat screen for x-mas so that's what started it all. It's by no means fabulous but MUCH MUCH better than it was before. It was just done on a very minimal budget. Here is how the previous owners had the room.

We had it set up differently before. I didn't take any pictures because I hated it. I love it now. We spend so much more time in here now.


Comforter set from Target $50
Red Velvet chair from thrift store $25
Random Pillows from thrift store $2 each
Pittsburgh Paint (Applesauce Cake) $20
Pictures on side wall: Frames w/mats $1.50 thrift store, images are post cards I bought on our anniversary at the Milwaukee Art Museum $6.
Picture above the bed. Frame I had and removed old print. Put this signed watercolor inside found at a thrift store. $3
Pastel Painting of our twins kissing painted by our niece. It was a gift.
Set of Lamps from target $25
Fan from Home Depot $50 (old one, glass was broken and it was all white)
Curtains from JC Penny $20 per pair, 95"length
Leather Ottoman found at the thrift store $2
Fruit crate behind chair for my magazines $1
Curtain rods I already had but painted them black.





So the next thing I would like to do to this room is remove and replace all the furniture hardware. That is a must. The brass NEEDS to go. Thanks for looking. If you have any ideas for my room please let me know. I would love to hear what you have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment