Thursday, February 4, 2010

$2 thrifty find turned into family keepsake

I had been looking for a tray to put on one of our coffee table's and wasn't able to find one at a reasonable price. That was until I ran to one of my favorite thrift stores. I found this. For $2. Then I had a $5 off coupon for anything over $15. So needless to say I got a box full of goodies for $12. Anyway, back to the tray. I will show you all my revamped goodies later. The tray was ugly but I knew it was perfect. Plus it had glass on top of that 70's needlepoint.



I was so excited I had to paint it the very next day. I had to unscrew the whole thing and clean it up before paint.



Let the painting begin. I used Behr's Forever Black Satin Ultra paint and a foam roller.



Then I was thinking of putting a cute piece of scrapbook paper inside. I didn't have one in the colors I was thinking of so I thought about the drawer full of California maps. I found one with our old city on it and it has our old street on there too. Reide kept asking me to show him our old street over and over again.



Instantly this little tray became a wonderful keepsake for our family.



Thanks for reading and have a great day!
Entered at the Power of Paint Party

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful memory piece! Thanks for sharing it at the Power of Paint Party!

    ReplyDelete