Friday, March 26, 2010

Thrift store decor

Last weekend I came across these pretty little babies at the thrift store just sitting there waiting for me to take them home.

The walls in my house have been pretty bare since we moved in three years ago. So it's about time I just start putting things up and make our house feel like a home. I thought they would add some interest. I saw those Disc things on the Shanty2Chic blog and ordered them up from Disc Changers (they are company that sells them)as soon as I got home. They arrived yesterday. Super fast shipping especially since they came from England.


Here they are on my wall.



My house is so bare and boring. WOW. I never noticed until I started taking photos. So more projects to come to jazz it up. I think I need some curtains around the door to soften it up a bit. ALso the table needs to be refinished. I was thinking white? How about you? What do you think? Love those Discs. They worked like a dream. They do recommend you let them sit overnight before you hang your plates to allow time for the glue to dry. Have great weekend.

3 comments:

  1. That looks really good! I collected Polish pottery while living in Germany and had it hung all over my kitchen in Michigan. I wished I had seen these discs then! I always hated the plate hangers! That really brightens up the walls and looks great! You are inspiring me to put stuff on my walls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the addition of the new plates and I think it looks fabulous! I love plates and collect them. The great thing about the way you have the plates arranged is... if you should ever tire of them....just switch them out. I switch my plates out according to the seasons which makes it fun! Anyway, great job! ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love, love hangin' plates on the wall! Such a fun and thrifty project too! Hey our kitchen cabinets got their first coat of black primer today. I'll be posting our kitchen progress tomorrow!

    Jane @ Finding Fabulous

    ReplyDelete