Monday, March 15, 2010

Repainted Secretary

Hi all. Just got back from spring break with our family. We drove to Oklahoma and back. Quite the adventure. Here are the boys playing Wii in our hotel room.


I wanted to share with you my little project I completed before we left. My husband always used his lap top on our dining room table and it was beginning to drive me nuts. I remembered I bought this little secretary desk a few years ago at a thrift store for $12 and it was sitting waiting to be painted in our spare bedroom. So I brought it down and cleaned it all up and painted away.


I love that it has those little storage spots inside. We are going to use them to hold our cell phones while they charge. Greg drilled a hole in the back so the cords can be plugged in. The chair was another thrift store find for $3. I did a little updating on that as well. Just to tie the two together. Still looking for a cute fabric for the cover. I haven't had a chance to go look for some.



So here is what they look like now. The only bad thing is I can't find two of the knobs I took off the piece. I guess I put them in a safe spot. DRRRR...


2 comments:

  1. Wonderful piece!!~ It looks awesome black!!~ I am a Mom of two boys...and found your blog from another blog. I love when I find people of common interest here in blog land!!~ See you soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog off Debbie's site! Very cool! You are just too cute and your boys are adorable! The black desk is wonderful and clever!

    I just moved to Charleston last July and I am having trouble decorating and being motivated also. We left my "dream" home and downsized some. Not much, but it does make a difference! Check out my blog and see how I organized my spices! I keep telling my blog friends that I am going to set it up like the Today show wedding they do. I will post pics of rooms, get ideas, pick the ones I like best and then let everyone vote on it! I had everything decorated in my old house and just can't get it together in this one. It is a lovely home and I know I will do it. Right now I am so busy on cleaning and purging that I can't see straight!

    Anyhoo... sorry to ramble! Luv your site and am about to be your newest follower! Have a great St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete