Monday, April 5, 2010

Remember These

I hope everyone had a great Easter! We certainly did. It was in the 60's. Quite nice for Minnesota weather. Here are the boys decorating thier eggs in the warm sun.




I also got crazy and made egg shaped rice krispy treats. I saw the commercial and thought it might be fun for the boys. They dunked them in chocolate and added sprinkles too.


Remember when I got these little jar lamps at the thrift store a while back.


Well a few weeks ago I stripped them down of their dated country funk and revamped them a bit. I just used whatever I had around the house. Spray painted the tops with some oil rubbed bronze. I think later I will try and do a little more with them. We needed a little task lighting in the kitchen without having to turn on the big overhead light. So I thought, "Hey, I will pop one of those cute jars right into the corner." I found some popcorn and wild rice sitting in the pantry and just filled it up. There are so many things I can put in there. Pretty fun.



Have a great Monday everyone. My boys don't have school today so I think we might go minature golfing. Yippee!

1 comment:

  1. Your boys are just precious and it looks like they had a great time. Your lamp re-do looks fabulous.

    Have fun golfing...sounds like fun! I have my four girls’ home today, so we may make rice crispy bars together. =)

    ReplyDelete