Thursday, March 25, 2010

I did it! Sewing Class

I finally made it to my sewing class last night. I signed up to take a class back in February but the day the class was held we had a big snow storm come in. So I had to reschedule. I was so excited. I brought my new sewing machine with me. Found some fabric at Walmart. I was kind of bummed, I wanted to buy some fabric at the shop where the class was being held but they wanted you to pre-wash all the fabric. I live in the country so it's hard to drive 40 minutes just to get some cool fabric. SO you got to work with what you have and Walmart was my only option. I found a pretty cute fabric for $1.50 a yard. Can't beat that! The ticking stripe was $2 a yard. So for my first project it worked great! My niece went with me to the class also. Her bag turned out super cute as well. So here you go, this is the tote I made.



The class was held at Crafty Planet in Minneapolis, MN. It was the cutest little shop. They also sell fabric online. Everyone was super nice and very helpful. I can't wait to take another class and start making some cool things for around the house. I really want to get this fabric for some pillows. I just love it. We have wild columbine that grows in our yard and our woods it it would just fit our home.



I showed my boys this morning what I made and they could not believe it. They were so excited. Now they have all sorts of ideas floating through their heads. They really want me to make them Super Mario Bros. dolls. I'm not sure how soon that will happen, but I'm sure they won't let me forget about it.
Thanks for checking in and have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you!! You'll have so much fun making things for your home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that bag! It's adorable.

    ReplyDelete