Friday, March 19, 2010

Mantle and Fireplace touch up

Just another project that was on my to-do list. Since we have lived here I have disliked the brass everywhere! I think the first week I replaced all the lights in every room. It was all 1990's decor. So the fireplace was on my list. That brass strip had to go. Greg used to install fireplaces way back in the day. So we had some heat tolerant spray paint sitting in the garage just waiting to be used. One snowy day back in January, I had Greg turn the heat on in the garage and we spray painted all sorts of things. The mantle has sort of been the same since we have lived here too. Just stuck in a rut. Here is the before and after of the fireplace and mantle. What do you think? There are so many things I would love to do but being a SAHM not everything is budget friendly. So you work with what you got.




Not new but impoved. I have rearranged the room recently. I should show you a picture of what it looks like now. I need to recover the little couch and chairs. I want to add some curtains to the windows too. I will post a picture later.


Thanks for looking. Tell me what you think. Any suggestions? A group of thinkers are better than just one. Oh, I recently repainted that vase that sitting on the hearth. It looks a little awkward just sitting there doesn't. I will post later about that too. I don't have a Cricut so I just used a Exacto knife for the number 5. I will write again soon. Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. You did a nice job with the fireplace. Could you add a plant on the hearth? I think the vase is cute but maybe needs something to soften it a bit. Do you have any flowering branches from outside? Or maybe just some sticks. If not, you could always add two more similiar items for a grouping (always use an odd number of items)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good with the black! What if you did a little basket on the hearth with throw pillows in it or blankets rolled up or even basket with white birch wood? That would be pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your tips ladies. I will see what I can rustle up. I appreciate your input. I will repost photos when I get a chance.

    ReplyDelete