Monday, July 19, 2010

Inspired by BHG

My hubby had this ugly bench thing in the garage that he got from his old job about 15 years ago. It was taking up space in our new garage and he was going to take it to the dumps. Er, NO! I said,"Can I have it to make it into a garden workbench?" Yes sir eee, I got it. Well it sat all last year and this year I came across this article in June BHG.
It was the perfect plan for my ugly bench. It' not totally complete, still a work in progress. I need to get a new piece of wood for the top and cut a hole to place a grate for the dirt to fall through. But I was so excited to share the little bit I have now. I had the curtain rod laying around along with the clip rings. Bought some burlap & black spray paint from Walmart and she's almost complete. It just needs some eye candy now, then it will be done. I will post when I get around to making it look more pretty.
Before
After

I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. This was my first little sewing project by myself (since taking a sewing class). It's so fun and addicting. We aren't camping for the next two weeks so I hope to get a few more things done around here. Hope everyone has a great Monday!

3 comments:

  1. Looks awesome! Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, and useful too! Looking forward to seeing the end product.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice Missy:)

    I like the curtains too!

    ReplyDelete